Fuzzy - not just a name, a way of life

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not some kind of fancy breakfast

Reading some comments on Slashdot today (yeah, I know, that's so yesterday, when I could be reading AssSpace, or SpaceBook or whatever it's called :-P ), I came across the word milquetoast. In the context where it was used, it sounded like an insult, but I thought I might be misinterpreting it. Maybe it was some fancy sort of breakfast, akin to French Toast.

But a quick check of various online dictionaries indicates it's a noun meaning someone who is timid, ineffectual and meek. Taken from the name of a 1920's comic strip character with precisely those traits. So, pretty cool, and I'll be casually using it in conversation to show off real soon now :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home