Fuzzy - not just a name, a way of life

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Sherman and Peabody

For those of you who missed cartoons in the 70's and 80's, this was the little dog and his boy owner, who happened to own "The Wayback Machine". And tonight, I set the controls for the 1980s, looking for the music that made me smile way back then, and once had me enter a competition where I named 1500 separate artists and groups from that decade (yes, I won the competition).

Sadly, the music industry goons who want you to be slave to their DRM anti-culture have failed to list anything before 1988. What about such great 80s music like Moving Pictures? Or Dream Academy's "Life in a Northern Town"? Or even good old Dire Straits, and the 1985 domination by their album Brothers in Arms? Hell, I might as well forget my ability to write the bars to Mr Mister's Broken Wings (1986) right now.

So, not only are they a bunch of soul-less coin-counting wankers, but they presume to dictate what data should interest me. I wonder how fast they'd sue me if I went back and rebuilt the data from the early 80s? Let's find out :-)

1 Comments:

  • You know what, though -- it was Mister Peabody and *his boy* Sherman; Mister Peabody (the dog) adopted Sherman (the boy) and invented the Wayback Machine.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home